Monday, October 21, 2013

Hey People!! 
Sooooooo, last week as you probably all know was Eid. for people who donot know what Eid is:

Eid al-Adha, or "Festival of Sacrifice", is celebrated by Muslims to mark the occasion when Allah appeared to Ibrahim in a dream and asked him to sacrifice his son, Ishmael, to demonstrate his devotion to the Almighty.

Ignoring the advice of the Devil, who tried to tempt Ibrahim into disobeying God by saying he should spare Ishmael, Ibrahim was about to press ahead with the sacrifice when Allah stopped him and gave him a lamb to kill instead.
The story is designed to demonstrate how Ibrahim's devotion passed even the sternest test, and is told in similar fashion in the Jewish Torah and Christian Old Testament, where God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac.
So Muslims all over the world celebrate it. so Eid was on the 10th. ANY WAY.... on the first day of Eid, me and my family had breakfast of Nutiala , strawberries and whipped cream pancakes. 





Then I got ready to my dads side of the family's house. after over an hour of getting ready I my dad picked me up and we went to say Eid Mubarak to all my family. I got Eid money from all of my Aunties and Uncials.  
the rest of my Eid was spent with my friends in the park and malls. so that about it. I hope I didn't make you all fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. The food looks delicious! Nice way to begin a happy day! You did not bore us in the states at all with your explanation, Zara. We have heard you and your family tell about celebrating Eid, but have never had anyone tell us what it meant, so thank you! You went further to explain that the days of fasting and similar accounts of the testing of Abraham's obedience and faith are included in the Jewish and Christian religions. That, also was interesting to us; the fact that you are so young but have been told more than one side of the account. AWESOME post!

    ReplyDelete