Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hey Guys,
So today I will be sharing  this pod cast on bound feet.  this post is how different country's have different beauty values. In china years ago, people valued small feet. Men would always look for the lady with the smallest feet. The smaller the better and the more money the man would have to pay for her to marry him. Some lady's feet where as small as 3 inches.So this pod cast is how and why the chines did so. I hope you all learn from it.
 http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=8966942

6 comments:

  1. WOAH. What an interesting podcast! I really like this podcast because it actually interviews the women who have bound feet. I found it crazy that a woman with 3 inch feet can carry a 20 lb child while doing her chores. Thanks for posting this, Zara!
    -Jebel Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye I thought that was cool to ( how that woman could do chores with a baby on her back and have bound feet) thanks for checking it out.
      love- Zara

      Delete
    2. I thought that if they had bound feet they would not be able to do chores. It is amazing what you can do with deformed feet! When I was in China, traveling in the western region, I saw a couple of old women walking down the street with canes. No, they weren't walking...they were tottering. And then I noticed their feet. I guess you don't see much of that anymore in China since it was outlawed awhile ago. Great link, and I love their statistics. I wonder where they got them from.

      Delete
    3. Ya, i thought that was cool.

      Delete
  2. Have things really changed, do people still torture themselves in the name of beauty or fashion? I think it's an interesting discussion, because I would propose that the same thing that drove those women into foot binding are still there in society, it's just a lot more subtle. What do you think? Well done on the new blog look, really fresh and so much easier to read. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm I think women still torture themselves in the name of beauty. Like plastic surgery. That can't be fun .

      Delete